Conamix is seeking a Research Engineer to innovate with us! We are a start-up company developing advanced materials for lithium ion batteries and looking to make a big impact. Our dedicated team includes senior scientists, experienced management, industry expert board members, and professional investors. The Research Engineer will play a key role in contributing to our research and development objectives. This position is based in Ithaca, NY, a quaint city known for its beautiful gorges and waterfalls and as home of Cornell University.
Under the general direction of the senior technical team, the Research Engineer will contribute to the research and development of lithium ion batteries in the field of electrochemistry and energy materials. The Research Engineer will solve difficult technical problems through innovation and rigorous R&D execution. This role reports to the Vice President of Research and Development.
- Fabrication of cells in coin and pouch format under air and/or moisture free conditions.
- Designs and executes battery test protocols to probe specific electrochemical phenomena and failure modes.
- Under supervision of senior technical staff, performs experiments and analyzes data to elucidate reaction mechanisms in Lithium ion battery chemistry.
- Regularly and proactively communicates findings to the broader technical team in a clear and concise manner.
- Properly records and summarizes experimental data in notebooks and digital formats.
- Ensures data integrity, manages and maintains internal databases.
- Maintains and calibrates battery testers, other laboratory equipment. Sources new equipment and materials as needed.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in aforementioned fields with at least 2 years of experience in electrochemical energy storage research.
- Hands-on experience in energy materials or electrochemistry research preferred, but not required.
- Literacy in scripting (Python, etc.) preferred, but not required
- Generous paid time off package
- Health, life, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Workplace perks such as snacks/coffee and flexible work schedules
Conamix is an equal opportunity employer.